NEST Program Coordinator Job Announcement
Apply to join our team if you:
- Love supporting elders and volunteers, building community, and using technology to coordinate and communicate with ease.
- Are a self-starter who is driven to serve people, willing to navigate the discomfort that comes with leading and enjoy creating order out of ambiguity.
- Communicate equally well online and in person.
- Are an organizational nerd – you have heart, a strong customer service orientation AND you relish the details.
- Are the consummate team-player who works well in a fast paced and changing environment.
Founded in 2009, Northeast Seattle Together (NEST) is a growing and vibrant community of 190 aging village members, 240 community volunteers, and 68 trusted service providers. We are a grassroots nonprofit organization governed by a nine-member Board of Directors, staffed by three nonprofit professionals, and guided by the investment and active involvement of village members, community volunteers, and business partners.
NEST is driven by the belief that no one should have to grow alone – that each of us can age and grow better together. We help elders who live in Northeast Seattle to remain safe and supported in their homes through empowerment, affinity, support, and enrichment. We are one of 200 village nationally, and one of three villages operating in the Seattle area. The NEST village supports elders in 15 Northeast Seattle neighborhoods and is bounded by the Montlake Ship Canal to the south, the Northgate Way and NE 110th Street to the north, Lake Washington to the east, and Interstate 5 to the west.
The Program Coordinator is a key leader within NEST who ensures that member services, groups, events, programs, and administrative functions such as communications,database usage work well and meet NEST’s goals and standards. The Program Coordinator works as a part of a collaborative team, and uses the skills, expertise, experience and insights of a diverse group of volunteers, interns, and members to implement the systems and practices that meet NEST’s mission and goals. The Program Coordinator reports directly to NEST’s Executive Director.
Members, Volunteers, and Vendors 70%
- Effectively track and coordinate the details for member services, groups, events, and programs so that NEST volunteers, staff, members, vendors, and the
- NEST community are clear about opportunities, roles, tasks and deadlines and established performance metrics are achieved.
- Train and support member services volunteers to realize NEST’s mission, values, and established performance metrics.
- Ensure that volunteers are recruited, oriented and supported to achieve program performance goals/metrics.
- Anticipate problems and contribute potential solutions so that services, groups, events, and programs are implemented smoothly.
- Ensure that identified follow up activities, such as data entry, letters, invoices and payments are completed in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Participate in meetings to ensure effective coordination of member services, groups, events, and programs.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, staff and volunteers, develop online and printed materials used to communicate with a diverse group of donors, business sponsors, members and the general NEST community.
- Ensure that NEST groups, events, and programs are well-publicized, including postings on NEST website, social media, and community events calendars.
- Ensure that NEST’s website is up-to-date, user friendly, and working effectively for donors, business sponsors, members, volunteers and staff .
- Coordinate membership-related marketing projects and mailings (including working with volunteers), NEST’s monthly newsletter, social media & website content.
Database Management 5%
- Ensure the effective functioning of NEST’s database.
- Ensure that NEST volunteers and staff are adequately trained to use database.
- Ensure that systems for tracking donors, business sponsors and memberships are accurate, thorough and used well.
- Generate monthly performance reports, and train others to run reports.
- Keep the Executive Director and team informed of member and volunteer needs and trends.
- Collaborate on other tasks with staff and volunteers to ensure that NEST’s goals are achieved.
- Ensure that NEST has adequate office supplies.
- Attend and help run NEST events as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Specifically, your experience and skills include:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating events and activities.
- Working cross-culturally – age, race, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability and more.
- Experience coordinating volunteer services.
- Excellent digital and in-person communication and customer service skills.
- Prioritizing multiple demands to meet deadlines (and help volunteers to do the same).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite design programs, WordPress, and CRM.
- Using a solution oriented, collaborative, strengths-based approach to coordination and delivery of services.
- Developing online and printed materials for income-producing purposes.
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail and constructive problem-solving skills.
- Strong SalesForce, Publisher, InDesign experience and skills.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to personal vehicle.
- Experience working with people aged 65 and older.This is a full-time exempt position, includes health and benefit package.
Salary $35,000 – $50,000 DOE
Open until filled.
To be considered for interviews beginning September 26th, please send 1 page cover-letter, plus resume to Judy@nestseattle.org by noon Pacific Time, September 23, 2016. Include in subject line: Your Name, NEST Program Coordinator.