Help NEST celebrate our 10th Anniversary with your meaningful financial contribution!
Spring is turning the corner and so is NEST!
Your contribution goes directly to support NEST’s ongoing and special programs planned in 2021-2022, our members, and outreach and engagement of the entire NE community, including over 30,000 adults ages 55+.
Donate with our secure credit card option, or send a check with your contribution today.
How your donation directly helps older adults in our community:
- $10,000 – Supports 3 months of the cost of delivering NEST classes and programs (returning in-person this summer), with 5000 registrations
- $7500 – Builds NEST’s membership scholarship pool for 10 full or 20 partial scholarships to participate in NEST programs
- $5000 – Covers recruitment and onboarding costs of 50 new volunteers to provide direct support to NEST members and the community, allowing us to continue our Low Vision and On Our Own Again support groups, build our ConnectsTeam of social workers, recruit and schedule volunteer drivers to medical appointments, vaccine outreach, facilitate social connections, and more
- $2500 – Introduces NEST to the NE Seattle community and helps cover direct costs of our upcoming ‘The Third Act’ speaker and panel discussion on how to approach this stage of our lives with joy and excitement, NEST 10-Year Anniversary Community Celebration, and the Night Out for NEST local restaurant event
- $1000 – Covers recruitment and supervision of NEST’s highly-qualified graduate student interns for special just-in-time projects, such as raising health care providers’ awareness of NEST’s social and other benefits, to support elders in our community
- $500 – Produces one new NEST community banner to raise visibility of NEST and its programs in our community, for our 10-Year Anniversary celebration
- $250 – Provides 3 months of NEST’s monthly newsletter and calendar of events mailer to lower-technology households
- $100 – Supports 1 monthly member-recognition opportunity or 1 monthly outreach presentation at local senior gathering places, with NEST information and materials, to keep participation in NEST strong.
Take a few minutes to hear from Terry B. about his experience with NEST, including NEST’s low-vision support group. NEST offers support groups based on member needs to keep older adults healthy, strong and engaged.
Learn more about NEST’s incredible volunteer model – bringing the skills and support of an entire community for strong, meaningful programs for older adults. Watch volunteer Leslie P’s story here and hear why she is supporting NEST.
And, click here to hear from NEST members Rosemary B. and Paul K. about what NEST means to them and how Pickleball came to NEST during a pandemic.
Help NEST meet and exceed our $40,000 goal! Join us today.
More About NEST
NEST is a “virtual village” located in Northeast Seattle that also serves as the area’s senior center. We serve the 13 neighborhoods east of I-5, north of the Montlake Ship Canal and south of NE Northgate Way/NE 110th St. Villages are vibrant, intergenerational communities building connections between neighbors. With 180 members, 170 volunteers, over 400 member gatherings, and 200 events open to the public each year, NEST is one of the nation’s most active villages. Learn more.
To build and sustain a northeast Seattle community where neighbors engage with and support one another through the transitions of aging.
NEST is a community connecting our members with each other and with resources to age successfully in the place they call home.
All NEST Events have temporarily been postponed or moved online until further notice.
For more information, visit our Virtual Events page.